TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2018 Election Results Update: Kamal Nath To Be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- IPL Auction 2019: 5 Indians Who Will Not Get Big Bids
- Vivo Carnival On Amazon India: Heavy Discounts On Smartphones
- New Renault Cars For 2019 — New Renault MPV, Duster & Kwid Facelift Set To Launch Soon
- How Has NPS Withdrawal Become 100% Tax Free?
- The Bachchans Arrive To Bless Isha & Anand On Their Wedding!
- 17 Benefits Of Arrowroot: For Health, Hair & Skin
- Kashmir — The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
Manorama, known as Aachi (Mother) for film people, entered in to the tinsel world as a drama artist through Kaviyarasu Kannadasan's Maalayitta Mangai in 1957. Now she has completed 50 years service in the industry with her extraordinary performance. She has the distinction of having acted with five chief ministers of South India. She has donned the female lead roles in the stage plays written, directed and acted by CN Annadurai, former Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu. She has also acted in stage plays with the Present Chief Minister Karunanidhi. She has acted in more than 25 films with the legendary Chief Minister MG Ramachandran and J Jayalalitha. In Telugu, she had acted with NT Rama Rao, the former Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh.
The felicitation function will take place on January 14, at Chennai Trade Centre. Directors K. Balachander, Barathiraja, Producers' Council President Rama Narayanan and many other film personalities will attend the function. The function will star with the musical show of Sadhaka Paravaigal followed by dance programme of actresses Namitha, Priyamani, Sandhiya, Sangeetha, Nila and Tejasree. According to the organizers, a memento for the actress's contribution of 50 long years will be presented by Rajini and Kamal together.