- Rajinikanth Completes 43 Years In The Industry, 5 Films That Make Him The Thalaiva Of Kollywood
- Trisha To Work With Superstar Rajinikanth For The First Time?
- Vishwaroopam 2 Chennai Box Office Collections Day 1: Kamal Haasan’s Film Fails To Beat Kaala
- Remembering M Karunanidhi: Rare Photos Of Kalaignar That You Might Have Missed
- Karunanidhi Death: Kollywood Stars React To The Marina Controversy, Condemn The State Government
- M Karunanidhi Death: Rajinikanth Says He Has Lost His ‘Kalaignar’
Manorama, known as Aachi (Mother) for film people, entered in to the tinsel world as a drama artist through Kaviyarasu Kannadasan's Maalayitta Mangai in 1957. Now she has completed 50 years service in the industry with her extraordinary performance. She has the distinction of having acted with five chief ministers of South India. She has donned the female lead roles in the stage plays written, directed and acted by CN Annadurai, former Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu. She has also acted in stage plays with the Present Chief Minister Karunanidhi. She has acted in more than 25 films with the legendary Chief Minister MG Ramachandran and J Jayalalitha. In Telugu, she had acted with NT Rama Rao, the former Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh.
The felicitation function will take place on January 14, at Chennai Trade Centre. Directors K. Balachander, Barathiraja, Producers' Council President Rama Narayanan and many other film personalities will attend the function. The function will star with the musical show of Sadhaka Paravaigal followed by dance programme of actresses Namitha, Priyamani, Sandhiya, Sangeetha, Nila and Tejasree. According to the organizers, a memento for the actress's contribution of 50 long years will be presented by Rajini and Kamal together.