TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Netfilx And Amazon Prime Might Face Ban In India
- 5 Secret Destinations In Sikkim You Might Have Never Heard Of
- How Can You Live A Long And Healthy Life With Diabetes?
- Pooja Mishra Makes SHOCKING Allegations; Accuses Salman Khan & His Brothers Of Raping Her! #MeToo
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- Kapil Dev Debuts 40 Years Ago This Day: Five Top Moments From His Career
- 5 Ways To Thank Your Boss On The World Boss Day
Manorama, known as Aachi (Mother) for film people, entered in to the tinsel world as a drama artist through Kaviyarasu Kannadasan's Maalayitta Mangai in 1957. Now she has completed 50 years service in the industry with her extraordinary performance. She has the distinction of having acted with five chief ministers of South India. She has donned the female lead roles in the stage plays written, directed and acted by CN Annadurai, former Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu. She has also acted in stage plays with the Present Chief Minister Karunanidhi. She has acted in more than 25 films with the legendary Chief Minister MG Ramachandran and J Jayalalitha. In Telugu, she had acted with NT Rama Rao, the former Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh.
The felicitation function will take place on January 14, at Chennai Trade Centre. Directors K. Balachander, Barathiraja, Producers' Council President Rama Narayanan and many other film personalities will attend the function. The function will star with the musical show of Sadhaka Paravaigal followed by dance programme of actresses Namitha, Priyamani, Sandhiya, Sangeetha, Nila and Tejasree. According to the organizers, a memento for the actress's contribution of 50 long years will be presented by Rajini and Kamal together.