- Rajinikanth Completes 43 Years In The Industry, 5 Films That Make Him The Thalaiva Of Kollywood
- Trisha To Work With Superstar Rajinikanth For The First Time?
- Vishwaroopam 2 Chennai Box Office Collections Day 1: Kamal Haasan’s Film Fails To Beat Kaala
- Remembering M Karunanidhi: Rare Photos Of Kalaignar That You Might Have Missed
- Karunanidhi Death: Kollywood Stars React To The Marina Controversy, Condemn The State Government
- M Karunanidhi Death: Rajinikanth Says He Has Lost His ‘Kalaignar’
After receiving NDTV's Best Entertainer of the Year award from the hands of Dr Manmohan Singh, the Prime Minister of India, Rajinikanth said, " I believe in destiny. I believe in God and whatever God wants me to do, I will do. Yesterday, I was a conductor, today I'm the Superstar. But I don't know anything about tomorrow, but the almighty knows that very well. But I don't say no to the role of a Politician. Let us wait and see."
When asking about his counterparts Shahrukh Khan and Amitabh Bachchan, the Superstar said, "Shahrukh Khan is an excellent actor. I like his integrity. He is serious about promoting cinema and hockey. And Amitabhji is an actor par excellence."
Earlier, Rajini took the afternoon flight along with his wife Latha to New Delhi on the Kaanum Pongal day to receive the prestigious award given to outstanding Indian achievers by NDTV group, one of the biggest media house in the country. Dr. Manmohan Singh has presided over the function and honoured the recipients with a citation and award.
In the Cinema category, Superstar Rajinikanth unanimously selected as 'The Best Entertainer of the Country' for the year 2007. Shahrukh Khan won the special award. After receiving the award, both were complementing each other generously at the function.