- Rajinikanth Completes 43 Years In The Industry, 5 Films That Make Him The Thalaiva Of Kollywood
- Trisha To Work With Superstar Rajinikanth For The First Time?
- Vishwaroopam 2 Chennai Box Office Collections Day 1: Kamal Haasan’s Film Fails To Beat Kaala
- Remembering M Karunanidhi: Rare Photos Of Kalaignar That You Might Have Missed
- Karunanidhi Death: Kollywood Stars React To The Marina Controversy, Condemn The State Government
- M Karunanidhi Death: Rajinikanth Says He Has Lost His ‘Kalaignar’
It is going to be a remake of the Malayalam super hit Katha Parayumbol starred by Mammootty and Srinivasan, released for Christmas 2007. The film is a light-hearted sentimental comedy that pulls at your heart strings and is about the deep friendship between a barber in a village and a superstar, who comes to shoot a film there. The film has already become a super hit in Kerala and many film makers including Prakash Raj are in queue to get the remaking rights of the film.
Last week, Srinivasan held a special screening of the film for Rajinikanth in Chennai at Four Frames. After the movie, Rajini, who was Srini's senior at Madras Film Institute, hugged him and shown great interest to remake it in Tamil. Later, the actor invited Srinivasan to his house and hosted lunch after discussing a lot on this remake.
Now everything has been finalized for this remake and Pasupathy has been booked for the barber role which was done by Srinivasan in the original. Vasu has already started his script work for this film and Vidhyasagar will compose music for this perfect entertainer. The title and other cast and crew will be announced by the end of this week.
The shoot of the film will start immediately and Rajinikanth will prefer to complete and release the film by August 2008, before he starts Shankar's Robot