TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- "If 10 Parties Gang Up Against One, Imagine Who's Stronger?" — Rajinikanth
- OnePlus 7 Concept Render: Triple-Camera With In-display Selfie
- KTM 390 Adventure India-Launch Details Still Unclear — EICMA 2018 Disappoints Fans
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Wedding: This Video From Lake Como Is Breathtaking
- This Is How You Should Financially Plan For A Vacation
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
- NZ Trip Is Good For Test Regulars, Says Rahul Dravid
Talking to Kannada news channel Udaya, Rajinikanth said, "There is a malicious campaign taken place in the state against me by some people. I'm not an unwise person to blame all the people of Karnataka. I have never hurt the sentiments of any Kannadiga by taking part in the protest. It is my token of condemnation against those who unnecessarily damaged public property and attacked Tamil establishments over the Hogenakkal Joint Drinking Water Scheme."
Upset by the storm of criticism his remarks evoked in Karnataka, including a demand for his apology and threats to block screening of his films, the actor said: "Do these people, who are demanding my apology, represent 5.5 crore Kannadigas?" he asked in chaste Kannada.
"People know about me. I haven't done any wrong. But I am not averse to tender an apology if I had committed any wrong," he said. "If leaders like Parvathamma Rajkumar, Ambarish, Vishnuvardhan or Girish Karnad insist me to tender my apology, I will certainly come out with the same." Rajini said this sensationally.