TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- The War In The CBI Is Not Between Individuals, But Between Two Groups: K Ragothaman
- Xiaomi Launches Flagship Mi 8 Pro In Taiwan
- 7 Interesting Facts About Lucknow Every Traveller Must Be Aware Of
- Multani Mitti Hacks To Acne That You Should Try Right Now!
- Kalki Koechlin On #MeToo India Movement: There Will Be Collateral Damage, But It's Necessary
- New Hyundai Santro 2018 Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 3.89 Lakh
- India Vs West Indies, 2nd ODI: Preview, Where To Watch, Timing
- Apprenticeship Offered Through South Eastern Railway Recruitment 2018, 1785 Vacancies Available
But some of the true lovers and fans of MGR turned against these activities. Vijayan, editor of Idayakkani magazine says that there is no fault in remixing the classics of MGR without damaging its originality.
Talking to our correspondent, Sathyaraj, one of the diehard fans of MGR said, "I have all the rights to use Thalaivar's songs in my films. For me, there is no mistake in using MGR's songs in the present films in the form of remixes. But the thing is every one should take care while using those songs. They should keep the originality; otherwise they should be ready to face this kind of objections. In my Pongal release Thangam, I'm using 'Poomazhai Thoovi', one of Thalaivar's super hit songs without changing its originality. I'm also appearing as MGR in that song"
The actor further said: "It is my pleasure to use MGR songs in my films and I take this opportunity for remembering the beloved leader of poor and down trodden. At this juncture I must appeal all the music directors to present the classics of MGR or Shivaji without damaging the originality or totally in new format like AR Rehman did in the song 'Thottal poo malarum...' "