TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Nirbhaya Death Anniversary — A Timeline
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test; Day 3 — Full Updates
- Banks May Be Closed For Five Days From December 21
- How To Use TRAI DND iOS App To Block Spam Calls
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
But some of the true lovers and fans of MGR turned against these activities. Vijayan, editor of Idayakkani magazine says that there is no fault in remixing the classics of MGR without damaging its originality.
Talking to our correspondent, Sathyaraj, one of the diehard fans of MGR said, "I have all the rights to use Thalaivar's songs in my films. For me, there is no mistake in using MGR's songs in the present films in the form of remixes. But the thing is every one should take care while using those songs. They should keep the originality; otherwise they should be ready to face this kind of objections. In my Pongal release Thangam, I'm using 'Poomazhai Thoovi', one of Thalaivar's super hit songs without changing its originality. I'm also appearing as MGR in that song"
The actor further said: "It is my pleasure to use MGR songs in my films and I take this opportunity for remembering the beloved leader of poor and down trodden. At this juncture I must appeal all the music directors to present the classics of MGR or Shivaji without damaging the originality or totally in new format like AR Rehman did in the song 'Thottal poo malarum...' "