TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- "If 10 Parties Gang Up Against One, Imagine Who's Stronger?" — Rajinikanth
- OnePlus 7 Concept Render: Triple-Camera With In-display Selfie
- KTM 390 Adventure India-Launch Details Still Unclear — EICMA 2018 Disappoints Fans
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Wedding: This Video From Lake Como Is Breathtaking
- This Is How You Should Financially Plan For A Vacation
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
- NZ Trip Is Good For Test Regulars, Says Rahul Dravid
The turnout was quite huge, cosnidering it was a charity show. Over 20,000 people watched this contest and went back home quite entertained. The teams were lead by former Indian cricket players Sadagopan Ramesh and Ashish Kapoor.
A host of Kollywood stars including Silambarasan, 'Jeyam' Ravi, Nanda, Shanthnoo Bhagyaraj, Hamsavardhan, Bharathi, Sona and Akhil actively participated in the event and gave their very best.
The match was inaugurated by Local Administration Minister M.K. Stalin. Minister for Electricity, 'Arcot' Veerasamy presided over the event. 'Badava' Gopi regaled the spectators with his witty commentary and had them in splits.
It was Silambarasan's team that ultimately won the match by a whopping 46 runs. However, Simbu did not have a great match as he was out for a 'duck'. The sportive actor later came out with a punchline in his trademark style: It is not important to score runs. What matters is who wins in the end.
It was Hamsavardhan who stole the limelight with his all-round performance. He was rightly awarded the 'Best All-rounder' award. 'Jeyam' Ravi was declared the 'Best Bowler' while Shanthnoo walked away with the 'Best Batsman' award.
Mayor M. Subramaniam gave away the cup to the winning team amidst thundering cheers.