TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rs 100 Coin To Be Introduced Soon — Check It Out
- New Maruti Wagon R 2019 Spy Pics — Looks Bigger And Premium Than The Current Model
- PUBG Mobile Vikendi Snow Map To Release In December
- Central Railway Recovers Whopping Rs 125 Crore From Errant Travellers
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- India vs Australia: 2nd — Aussies Ahead
- Woman Gets Engaged To A Chandelier And Gets A Tattoo Of It
- Alia Bhatt Reveals Why She Looked So Sad With Ranbir Kapoor!
According to Thiruma, delay in honouring such legends in time is just equal to insulting them. "Illayaraaja is the fine example for hard work and he is a true ambassador of Indian music in world arena," Thiruma said in a statement.
On Sunday, He said that though many from the state, including Viswanathan Anand and singers Sirkazhi Siva Chidambaram and P Susheela, have been chosen for Padmasree awards, it is strange that the world renowned musician has been not given any award.
The MDMK General Secretary Vaiko also compelled the Union Government a few weeks ago to honour Illayaraaja with the nation's highest award.