TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
According to Thiruma, delay in honouring such legends in time is just equal to insulting them. "Illayaraaja is the fine example for hard work and he is a true ambassador of Indian music in world arena," Thiruma said in a statement.
On Sunday, He said that though many from the state, including Viswanathan Anand and singers Sirkazhi Siva Chidambaram and P Susheela, have been chosen for Padmasree awards, it is strange that the world renowned musician has been not given any award.
The MDMK General Secretary Vaiko also compelled the Union Government a few weeks ago to honour Illayaraaja with the nation's highest award.