TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro Confirmed To Launch In India In November With Dual Selfie Cameras
- All About The Vegetable Land Of Vattavada In The Mountains Of Kerala
- How To Use Coconut Oil For Treating Sunburns
- Om Puri's 68th Birth Anniversary: The Lesser Known Side Of The Acting Legend!
- 2018 Porsche Cayenne Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.19 Crore
- ISL 2018: ATK Vs DD: Super-Sub Maimouni Hands ATK First Win
- Bank Of India Recruitment 2018: 12 Security Officer Vacancies Available, Earn Up To INR 45,950
When this correspondent asked Vadivel about his opinion on remixes, he commented in his typical style, "We all grown up with the mesmerizing tunes of MSV and our musical genius Illayaraaja. Particularly, I'm one of the diehard fans of Puratchi Thalaivar MGR. In my earlier days, l delved with the style and excellent onscreen looks of MGR in Thottal Poo Malarum song. But when I saw the remix of the classic in other film, I really felt sorry for that."
And recently, I'd seen many songs of Annan Illayaraaja have remixed by the new composers. It is really a bad trend and great insult to the genius, we celebrated for years. Whoever it may be, I request them please stop this trend. I came to know that most of the poets like Vaali, Pulamai Pithan and others also conveyed their anguish against the remix culture," he added.
Questioned about his differing opinion with the other MGR follower Sathyaraj, the ace comedian says, "It is my own view. I don't like to comment anything on my friend Sathyaraj's opinion on remix culture. But I don't like the remix in any form. New or existing composers should come with their own tunes."