- When Thala Ajith's Helping Nature Landed Him In The Soup!
- In Spite Of Being My Senior, Balu Mahendra Was A Friend: Kamal Hassan
- Celebs Mourn The Death Of Balu Mahendra
- Balu Mahendra - Indian Cinema's Influential Filmmaker (Obituary)
- Photos: Celebrities Pay Homage To Balu Mahendra
- Sadma Girl Sridevi Mourns Balu Mahendra's Death
Karthi Pa Chidambaram, son of Union Finance Minister P. Chidambaram and a rising star in state politics and poet Thamizhachi Thanga Pandian also a rising star in the women's wing of DMK close to Kanimozhi MP were attended as the chief guests of the function. Karthi Chidambaram released the audio, which was received by Thamizhachi.
Sathyaraj, Parthiban , Na. Muthukumar, Rama Narayanan, Kalaipuli G. Sekaran, Balu Mahendra, Gangai Amaran, and Ibrahim Rauthar, producer Siva, Pyramid Saimira's MD P.S Saminathan, and Chairman Natarajan attended the function. The notable absentees at the function were hero Madhavan, who is on a holiday, Bhavana shooting for Jayam Kondan in Madurai and music director Yuvan Shankar Raja, who is now in US. But their absence was made up by director Seeman, who made every guest feel at home.
At the end, Seeman as usual recalled his great love for the Tamil language and also thanked Chief Minister Karunanidhi for making a correction in the title of the film. He told that earlier he designed the title as Vazhthukkal, but the CM corrected it as Vazhthukal and removed the Tamil letter ik which caused for a kick in the title. In Tamil, Kal means for Toddy, local liquor.