TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Weather Forecast For Dec 19: Cyclone Phethai Weakens; Winter Chills To Continue In Delhi
- IPL Auction 2019: Live Updates
- More Items To Be Included In Sub-18% Tax Slab — Narendra Modi
- Most Searched Cars In India 2018 — Here's The Full List
- Vikendi Snow Map Yet To Arrive On PUBG Mobile India Even After 1.6GB Update
- Manikarnika Trailer — Kangana Impresses As Rani Laxmibai!
- Secunderabad — Get Transported To A World Of Nostalgia
- Smelling His Own Socks Gave This Man Lung Infection
Ramprasad told this correspondent, "The Tamil channel world is not new to Zee Group. We launched Bharathi TV, an entertainment channel, 5 years back which was a failure due to many reasons. What we lacked was technical expertise as well as good content. We hope that our new team will be able to handle the channel now and make it a huge success."
The company, he said, had recruited V Chandrasekhar as the business head for Zee Tamizh and is scouting for a person to lead the Malayalam channel. The group is also planning to distribute the channel to all subscribers through DTH players like Sun, Tata and Dish with clear signals. Presently, there are 20 Tamil channels among which 13 are general entertainment channels, five music and two are news channels - Sun and Jaya. Soon Kalaignar will also launch a 24 hours news channel.