TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Assembly Election Results 2018 — Catch All The LIVE Updates Here
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- 8 Factors That Are Weighing On The Indian Economy Today
- Airtel Likely To Launch VoLTE Smartphones Under Rs. 2,500
- Nissan Kicks Interiors Revealed
- Virushka's First Wedding Anniversary: Virat Has This To Say!
- Gauri Khan's Floral Lehenga
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
The powerful Tamil Film Producers' Council is going to implement some regulations to release the new films hereafter.
According to the TFPC, nearly 81 straight Tamil films have been released so far. In September, nearly 20 plus Tamil films will be ready for release. But the business is not as expected and has forced the producers to stop their businesses.
Now the Tamil Film Producers' Council, under its president Ramanarayanan, has issued a statement that the number of releases each week should be curtailed due to lack of playing time in theaters.
According to the press release, there should be only two straight, and one dubbed film every week. The superstar films or those featuring top stars should release every year only during Pongal, Republic day (January 26), April 14, May 1, Independence day (August 15), Diwali and Christmas.
Says Ramanarayanan, "this is only a self control measure that will help the producers to carry on the business smoothly as well as profitably!"