TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Netfilx And Amazon Prime Might Face Ban In India
- 5 Secret Destinations In Sikkim You Might Have Never Heard Of
- How Can You Live A Long And Healthy Life With Diabetes?
- Pooja Mishra Makes SHOCKING Allegations; Accuses Salman Khan & His Brothers Of Raping Her! #MeToo
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- Kapil Dev Debuts 40 Years Ago This Day: Five Top Moments From His Career
- 5 Ways To Thank Your Boss On The World Boss Day
The powerful Tamil Film Producers' Council is going to implement some regulations to release the new films hereafter.
According to the TFPC, nearly 81 straight Tamil films have been released so far. In September, nearly 20 plus Tamil films will be ready for release. But the business is not as expected and has forced the producers to stop their businesses.
Now the Tamil Film Producers' Council, under its president Ramanarayanan, has issued a statement that the number of releases each week should be curtailed due to lack of playing time in theaters.
According to the press release, there should be only two straight, and one dubbed film every week. The superstar films or those featuring top stars should release every year only during Pongal, Republic day (January 26), April 14, May 1, Independence day (August 15), Diwali and Christmas.
Says Ramanarayanan, "this is only a self control measure that will help the producers to carry on the business smoothly as well as profitably!"