TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Nirbhaya Death Anniversary — A Timeline
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test; Day 3 — Full Updates
- Banks May Be Closed For Five Days From December 21
- How To Use TRAI DND iOS App To Block Spam Calls
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
Once again actress Sneha is caught in trouble. This time some religious organisations are protesting against her for wearing chappals during 'girivalam' (holy walk for 14 kms!) the popular Arunachaleshwarar Temple at Thiruvannamalai! Earlier the Hindu Munnani has threatened to conduct a dharna in front of her house demanding an unconditional apology.
Sneha visited the famous Arunachaleswarar temple in the town on Thursday (Sep 3) early morning along with her dad and conducted Girivalam. A devotee must walk the 14 kilometer bare foot when they do Girivalam, but Sneha wore slippers and did it Says Sridharan of Hindu Munnani, "I was shocked to see pictures of actress Sneha doing Girivalam wearing slippers, it is an insult to Hindu sentiments. We will be sitting in dharna in front of her house till she apologises."
But later Sneha gave an explanation for her Girivalam with slippers. Sneha says, "I"m an ardent devotee of Lord Shiva of Tiruvannamalai and wanted to do Girivalam. I have problem with my feet, as I cannot walk on bare foot. So I had made slippers made from Cotton, and not leather or plastic slippers and walked."
After going through her explanation, the Hindu Munnani is satisfied and has dropped its idea of Dharna against Sneha's house. But now another organisation 'Anuman Sena' has jumped in to the protests against the actress. Yesterday they garlandinged her portrait with old chappals in Vellore! They have also announced that the protests against the actress will continue in other forms.