TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Apple iPhone XR Available Via Airtel Online Store Starting At Rs 14,999 EMI
- The Beautiful Tringalwadi Fort Is A Perfect Escape From Nashik!
- What Causes Anencephaly And What Are Its Symptoms?
- Nana Patekar: I Am Being Mentally Harassed By Tanushree Dutta, My Name Has Sufferd Incomparable Loss
- New Maruti WagonR Production Begins In India — Launch Soon
- India Vs West Indies: Virat Kohli In Line To Break These ODI Records
- 6 Pension Payment Related Bank Norms That Government Employees Should Know
It is definitely a good year for Tamil Cinema. It has won five important National awards at the 55th National Award for the year 2007.
The best actor award went to Prakash Raj for his performance in Kanchivaram, the best picture award was also bagged by Kanchivaram directed by Priyadarshan. Priyadarshan says, "I'm overjoyed that Kanchivaram a Tamil film set in rural Tamil Nadu of the 1930's has won the award for the best picture, and Prakash Raj got the best actor, against stiff competition from other language movies."
The best special effects award was won by Rajinikanth starrer Sivaji directed by Shankar. Satyaraj starrer Periyar has won the best Tamil film award for the year 2007. The film was directed by Gnanarajasekaran.
Maya Binbam's debut venture, Inime Naagnathan won the best animation picture award. It has been the best year for Tamil Cinema in recent times at the National awards.