TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 Will Not Feature An In-display Fingerprint Sensor
- Sisupalgarh Near Bhubaneswar – The Fort Built Before The Common Era
- How To Give Your Bedroom A Makeover
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Storms Out When Asked About #MeToo; Leaves Everyone Shocked With Her Action
- Mahindra Marazzo Receives 10,000 Bookings Within A Month — Waiting Period Now Six Weeks
- India Vs West Indies: Probable India XI For 1st ODI In Guwahati
- Gold Demand Weakens Amid Festivities As Prices Hit Over 2-Year High
Popular Tamil actor Vijaykanth's 24-hour news and entertainment channel Captain TV, is all set to be launched on April 14. The dry run of the channel already stared rolling from March 15. As per a journalist the new channel is expected to serve as a propaganda tool for the actor-turned-politician to grow his political ambitions.
Vijaykanth, the DMDK leader, had been working very hard to ensure that his channel provided quality news for Tamil audiences. Apart from other programmes, the channel will also show movies on a daily basis with new films every Sunday. Captain TV is said to be a complete entertainment channel with an array of serials from Monday to Friday, feature films at noon from Monday to Friday, English movies dubbed in Tamil at noon on Saturdays and Sundays, and the latest Tamil movies on weekends and more. There are special programmes for children women, youth and students are also in the chart. Regular updated news bulletins will be telecasted and the channel will also identify and encourage young talents through various reality shows.
According to sources, Vijaykanth is planning a big profile launch with a lot of fanfare. Prominent celebrities and politicians are expected to be a part of the function. Vijaykanth is the former President of South Indian Film Artists Association. According to exchange4media.com the actor, with his Captain TV, will take on what he dubs 'the Goebblesian propaganda" of the DMDK through Sun TV Network and Kalaignar TV, which Karunanidhi"s immediate family owns.