TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Apple iPhone XR Available Via Airtel Online Store Starting At Rs 14,999 EMI
- The Beautiful Tringalwadi Fort Is A Perfect Escape From Nashik!
- What Causes Anencephaly And What Are Its Symptoms?
- Nana Patekar: I Am Being Mentally Harassed By Tanushree Dutta, My Name Has Sufferd Incomparable Loss
- New Maruti WagonR Production Begins In India — Launch Soon
- India Vs West Indies: Virat Kohli In Line To Break These ODI Records
- 6 Pension Payment Related Bank Norms That Government Employees Should Know
Senior comedian Loose Mohan, who acted in over 1,000 films in different languages, passed away on Sunday (September 16). He was suffering from respiratory issues and breathed his last at his residence in Mylapore. He is survived by son Karthik and three daughters Revathy, Geetha and Lakshmi.
Loose Mohan, whose original name was Arumugam Mohanasundaram, was born in 1928 in Kanchipuram. Being the son of actor Arumugam, he started acting in films at the age of 16. His first film is said to be Harischandra, which starred PU Chinnappa. However, he got a big break in the movie Rosapoo Ravikaikari, which starred Sivakumar. In his long career, he acted with present generation superstars like Rajinikanth and Kamal Hassan.
The veteran comedian acted not only in Tamil films but also in Telugu, Kannada, Tulu and Marathi. His last film was Parthiban and Nandita Das starrer Azhagi way back in 2002.