TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 Will Not Feature An In-display Fingerprint Sensor
- Sisupalgarh Near Bhubaneswar – The Fort Built Before The Common Era
- How To Give Your Bedroom A Makeover
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Storms Out When Asked About #MeToo; Leaves Everyone Shocked With Her Action
- Mahindra Marazzo Receives 10,000 Bookings Within A Month — Waiting Period Now Six Weeks
- India Vs West Indies: Probable India XI For 1st ODI In Guwahati
- Gold Demand Weakens Amid Festivities As Prices Hit Over 2-Year High
Kalakalappu has emerged as a surprising winner at the Tamil Box Office of this year. The movie made with the minimal budget is doing wonderful business, thereby bringing smiles on the faces of the makers of the film.
The film was released in Tamil Nadu and Karnataka in 259 screens on May 11. Having received good reviews from the critics and favourable word-of-mouth, the movie has managed to collect Rs 5 crore plus in its first weekend.
Adding to that there wasn't any other release, which helped the movie to make good business, claims a trader. The movie witnessed an average of 85% occupancy in the first weekend and it remained same on Monday (May 14).
UTV Chief Dhananjayan Govindan said, “The responses for Kalakalappu have been extremely good and it is doing well at the Box Office considering the fact that the movie does not have a big star cast and made with the medium-budget.”
Kalakalappu produced by Khusbhu Sundar and directed by Sundar C features Vimal, Shiva, Santhanam, Anjali, Oviya and Ilavarasi in the leads.