TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
On Friday (November 23), Thuppakki reached the 100-crore mark at the Box Office and also it is the second Kollywood film to reach the feat after superstar Rajinikanth's Endhiran. The news has been officially confirmed by director AR Murugadoss himself. On his Twitter, he wrote, "Yes bullets, it is now officially confirmed that #Thuppakki has crossed the 100cr mark! It is only the second Tamil film ever to do so!"
Thuppakki earned an astounding Rs 9.25 crore on the opening day and managed to collect Rs 22.15 crore at the Tamil Box Office in the first three days. The film earned Rs 65.25 crore worldwide in the six-day weekend of which it fetched Rs 45 crore from Tamil Nadu alone and reached the 100-cr mark on 11th day after its release.
The film was released worldwide in over 1000 screens. Thuppakki, which stars Vijay, Kajal Aggarwal and Vidyut Jamwal in lead roles got limited number of screens abroad due to the release of other language movies like Jab Tak Hai Jaan and Son of Sardar. However, it made good business in the UK, US and other regions.