TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
The reports on earth-shattering collections of Shankar's Nanban have turned false. The movie, which was said to have raked in Rs 57 crore in its first weekend, not even garnered half of the amount of what it was claimed.
A source on condition of anonymity said, “The Box Office reports on Nanban circulating on internet are not true. The movie, which was released on January 12, has earned Rs 20 crore nett in its first weekend."
Giving further details, he said, “The per day average collection of the movie is Rs 4 crore. However, the producers are 60-40 equation with the distributors and Nanban has approximately garnered around Rs 12 crore for the movie bosses."
It was earlier reported that Nanban has raked in Rs 57 crore at the Tamil Box Office in the four-day weekend. Witnessing 90% occupancy on single screens and multiplexes, it collected close to Rs 15 crore on the opening day itself.
Meanwhile, Lingusamy's Vettai, we hear, too is doing good collection at the Tamil Box Office. But the exact figure has not been revealed. However, Nanban directed by Shankar stars Vijay, Jeeva, Srikanth, and Sathyraraj in the important roles. The movie is a remake of Bollywood blockbuster 3 Idiots.