TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court: Sabrimala Order To Continue
- Royal Enfield 650cc Models To Launch In India Today
- DeepVeer Wedding: Deepika Broke Down At Her Mehendi Ceremony
- ATP Finals: Federer Is Back On Track
- Best Phones With Dual-Rear Cameras To Buy In India Under Rs 10,000
- Value Stocks To Buy Under Rs 50
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
In the last two months, two biggies Thaandaavam and Maattrraan were affected by the Cauvery dispute between Karnataka and Tamil Nadu. As there was a huge protest and tense situation in Karnataka over the centre's directive to release 9,000 cusecs of Cauvery water daily for Tamil Nadu, exhibitors did not come forward to release Kollywood movies fearing that it could fuel fire to the ongoing dispute. Hence, the movies were not released on time and only the Telugu versions were released.
However, as the situation has returned to normal, Thuppakki will be releasing in Bangalore and other places of Karnataka like before. A leading distributor named Srikanth has acquired the distribution rights of Thuppakki for a record price and the film will be released on November 13. He says that the response for the film is good and he is expecting a roaring collection on the opening weekend.
Thuppakki features Vijay, Kajal Aggarwal and Vidyut Jamwal in the leads. The movie is set in Mumbai, and Ilayathalapathy plays the role of a cop.