TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- "If 10 Parties Gang Up Against One, Imagine Who's Stronger?" — Rajinikanth
- OnePlus 7 Concept Render: Triple-Camera With In-display Selfie
- KTM 390 Adventure India-Launch Details Still Unclear — EICMA 2018 Disappoints Fans
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Wedding: This Video From Lake Como Is Breathtaking
- This Is How You Should Financially Plan For A Vacation
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
- NZ Trip Is Good For Test Regulars, Says Rahul Dravid
Vijay's blockbuster Velayudham has been voted as the Best Movie of 2011. The year-end poll conducted by Oneindia for various categories gave opportunity for our readers to choose the Best of Kollywood in 2011 and they have given thumbs up for not only Kaavalan star's movie but also for his performance in the film.
The closest competitor for Velayudham is Mankatha. While, Vijay's film secured 46.9% votes, Ajith Kumar starrer film received 31.9% votes. The remaining movies like Vikram's Deiva Thirumagal, Surya's 7aam Arivu and Jeeva's Ko got 10.4%, 7.3% and 3.5% votes, respectively.
In the Best Actor category, Vijay (Velayudham) and Ajith Kumar (Mankatha) received 46.6% and 30.9% votes. Whereas, Vikram, Surya and Dhanush together got 22.5% vote for their films Deiva Thirumagal, 7aam Arivu and Aadukalam.
Surprisingly, Anjali beats Anushka Shetty in the Best Actress category. While the former got 35.2% votes for her performance in Engeyum Eppodhum, the latter secured 29.9% for her role as a lawyer. In fact, Richa Gangopadhyay for her performance in Mayakkam Enna gave tough competition to Anushka and just lost to her with a margin of 3.4% votes. Actresses Iniya and Yasmin Ponnapa were also in the race for their films Vaagai Sooda Vaa and Aaranya Kaandam.
Velayudham has won the honours in the Best Musician category too. Vijay Anthony, who composed some wonderful tracks, narrowly won the race by getting 39% vote. Once again, Mankatha has lost it to Velayudham. Yuvan Shankar Raja received 36% votes. However, Engeyum Kadhal (Harris Jayaraj), Aadukalam (GV Prakash) and Osthi (S Thaman) were the other contenders.
AR Murugadoss' former associate Saravanan has been voted as the Best Director of the year for his debut movie Engeyum Eppodhum. He almost got 50% vote and his nearest competitor was Vetrimaaran for Aadukalam. Mysskin (Yuddham Sei), Thiagarajan Kumararaja (Aaranya Kaandam) and Santha Kumar (Mouna Guru) were also in the race.