TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Samsung Might Put A 6.6-Inch Display On The Galaxy Note 10
- Off-Beat Places That Make Nagaland A Unique State
- ‘Lion-Faced’ Man Underwent Transformation After Life-Changing Surgery
- #MeToo: Kangana Ranaut Slams Karan Johar — "He Always Has Views About Gym Looks, What About This?"
- KTM 125 Duke To Be Introduced In India Very Soon
Mariyaan's first promo, which released a few days ago on YouTube, has got more than 2 lakh hits in just 48 hours. It was revealed on internet after the first look was officially released for Holi last month.
The video shows Dhanush as Mariyaan with a spear in his hand diving into deep sea in one breath and hunting on the seabed. The video has gathered a lot of excitement and buzz. It was filmed in Andaman, 50 feet below the ocean in the seabed.
Dhanush, a non-swimmer was trained under a specialised international team of divers. He then took up this breath-taking feat like an ace swimmer and surprised even the divers. It is said that this sequence in the film establishes Mariyaan as a unique fisherman. The caption reads, 'He who conquers the ocean in one breath'.
Mariyaan stars Dhanush and Parvathi Menon in the lead roles, and Appukutty, Salim Kumar, Vinayak, Jagan, Ankur Vikal and Uma Riaz are in the cast. The film is produced by Aascar Ravichandran and directed by Bharat Bala. It has AR Rahman's music and internationally renowned cinematographer Marc Koninckx is handling the camera.