- PICS: Celebs At Radhika Sarathkumar's Daughter Rayane-Abhimanyu Mithun Wedding
- #FilmFareSouth: Tollywood Celebs Kill It On The Red Carpet: Allu Arjun, Ram Charan, Nayantara!
- SHOCKING! Why Mahesh Babu Rejected Suriya's 24?
- OH FRESH: Superstar To Be Part Of Baahubali 2 ?
- FASHION FAUX: Tollywood Superstars Caught On Camera
- Shruti Haasan Celebrates Success With Range Rover
- Rakshasudu Audience Review: Did Suriya Score A Hit?
- Young Heroes Love For Each Other Surprises Everyone
- Mohanlal Is The Hottest Actor: Amala Paul
- Nayantara Chases Amy Out Of Mass?
- Pranitha Replaces Amy In Surya's Mass?
- 'Rough' Gets U/A Certificate
Kollywood has witnessed its biggest opening of 2014 in the form of Anjaan! Yes, the Surya starrer Kollywood movie, which was released on the Independence Day (August 15), has made stunning business in the three days (first opening weekend) at the Box Office. The flick, as per the trade reports, has earned above Rs.30 crores.
Surya and Samantha starrer Anjaan has made an amazing business in the first weekend. The Tamil movie has raked in above Rs.30 crores (approximately). It means the movie has got the biggest-ever opening for a Tamil movie. Interestingly, the latest movie has broken the records of Rajinikanth's Kochadaiiyaan, Vijay's Jilla and Ajith Kumar's Veeram, the three big releases of the year.
More than the domestic Box Office, the response at international circuits have impressed the traders. In the US, UK and Malaysia, the first weekend has been great for Anjaan.
Lingusamy directorial Anjaan has raked in Rs.98.62 lakhs from 57 screens in the US Box Office in the opening weekend. The movie was released on Thursday (August 14) here. The movie faced competition from new Hindi release Singham 2 starring Ajay Devgn, which was released in 100 screens here. Continue reading the Box Office report on the slideshow...
UK & Australia
In the UK Box Office, Anjaan has made Rs.67.54 lakhs in the first two days.In the Australian Box Office, the Surya's movie has collected Rs.60.66 in the first weekend.
Anjaan has made remarkable business at the Malaysian Box Office. It has collected Rs.1.58 crores from this part of the world in the first weekend.
In Karnataka, Anjaan got a grand reception. It has close to 490 shows in Bangalore. The first and the second day witnessed thunderous response. It has earned above Rs. 55 lakhs in three days.
In Kerala, the Tamil movie has been grandly welcomed by the Surya fans and it has made Rs.1 crore plus.
As the movie has garnered negative response from critics and a section of audience, traders are sceptical about the fortunes of Anjaan. We have to wait and see how the Tamil movie will perform.