- PICS: Celebs At Radhika Sarathkumar's Daughter Rayane-Abhimanyu Mithun Wedding
- #FilmFareSouth: Tollywood Celebs Kill It On The Red Carpet: Allu Arjun, Ram Charan, Nayantara!
- SHOCKING! Why Mahesh Babu Rejected Suriya's 24?
- OH FRESH: Superstar To Be Part Of Baahubali 2 ?
- FASHION FAUX: Tollywood Superstars Caught On Camera
- Shruti Haasan Celebrates Success With Range Rover
- Rakshasudu Audience Review: Did Suriya Score A Hit?
- Young Heroes Love For Each Other Surprises Everyone
- Mohanlal Is The Hottest Actor: Amala Paul
- Nayantara Chases Amy Out Of Mass?
- Pranitha Replaces Amy In Surya's Mass?
- 'Rough' Gets U/A Certificate
The sole silver line that could make Anjaan producers happy is the fact that the movie has done roaring business at the Box Office. The Surya and Samantha starrer film has reached the 40-crore mark from the Tamil and Telugu versions! It has performed well in the domestic Box Office as well as some international circuits like US, UK and Malaysia.
As per the trade reports, the combined collection of Tamil and Telugu versions is Rs.38 crores in the first weekend. The movie has added two more crores to its collections in the next two days (Monday & Tuesday). While the Tamil film has earned above Rs.30 crores, the Telugu version has earned Rs.8 crores plus. The first weekend has been really good for the Kollywood version due to rigorous promotional activities organised by the makers of the film.
This helped Anjaan to get such an opening. The Tamil movie has done good business in three key domestic circuits like Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Kerala. The film had opened up in 1500 screens in Tamil and Telugu and the wide release played a vital role in generating good revenues in most centres. It got grand reception in Malaysia, UK, US and a few other countries.
But the bad word-of-mouth might hit the movie badly and it is predicted that the business might see a huge dip in the week days starting from today. Continue reading the Box Office report on the slideshow...
On the release day, Anjaan raked in 11.5 crores in 455 screens in the state. The occupancy crossed 80% occupancy on the release day in Tamil Nadu and massive 90% in Chennai on the first day.
Second & Third Day
The occupancy came down on the second day and it is said that it had 70% occupancy in the state. But on the third day, it had a better response and Anjaan occupancy reached the 85-percent mark in the state.
In Karnataka, Anjaan had an average occupancy of 70% on the first day. The movie was grandly welcomed by Surya's fans. The movie had 490 shows in the first weekend in Bangalore alone. It is the same case in Kerala.
Anjaan has made Rs.98.82 lakhs in three days (Thursday, Friday & Saturday) in the US Box Office. We are still waiting for the Sunday's figure. In the UK Box Office, it has made Rs.67.54 lakhs in the first two days.
Anjaan has collected Rs.60.66 in the two days at the Australian Box Office. However, the response to the Telugu version is not up to the mark.