- Masss 3 Days Worldwide Box Office Collections: 17.3 Crores In Tamil Nadu Alone!
- When Ilayathalapathy Vijay Waited For Suriya Till Midnight!
- Shocking! Kaaviya Thalaivan Made Me Sleep: Lakshmy
- Venkat Prabhu's Team In Bulgaria
- Venkat Prabhu Comes To Lingusamy's Rescue
- Vivek-Vijay Praise Surya's Anjaan
- Venkat Prabhu Gets 'How To Make Films' Advices Post Anjaan Debacle
- How Anjaan Performed At International Box Office In First Weekend?
- Samantha's Bikini In Anjaan Fails To Make An Impact
- Anjaan Box Office Collections: Reaches Rs.40 Crore Mark
- Anjaan 3 Days (First Weekend) Collections At Box Office
- Sikandar (Sikander) - Movie Review
Surya's star power has worked big time again. His latest Tamil movie Anjaan, which has been dubbed in Telugu as Sikander, has got fantastic opening at domestic and international Box Office and the major credit for this response undoubtedly goes to the actor!
Anjaan has reportedly made Rs.11.5 crores (approximate) in Tamil Nadu. From the Chennai region, it has made above Rs.1.5 crore. This by any margin is a huge collection for a Surya movie. It has earned above Rs.14 crore from three main markets (Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Kerala).
The movie has opened up to mixed reviews. Anjaan was released on Thursday (August 14) evening in foreign countries and it has been released in India today for the Independence Day. The movie has opened big worldwide by releasing in record number of screens.
In the international circuits, Anjaan has raked in good revenue. The Tamil movie faced competition from Hindi movie Singham Returns. The Surya starrer movie in the UK Box Office has earned Rs.41.59 lakhs (£ 40,859). There were seven screens, which are yet to be reported. In the Australian Box Office, the flick has minted Rs.22.86 (A$ 40,150).
Anjaan has earned a total of Rs.64.71 lakhs at the US Box Office in the first two days (Thursday & Friday).
The Tamil film has seen the light of the day in 450 screens. This is a good figure for an A-list star's movie in the state. It is facing competition from small-budget films like Kathai Thiraikathai Vasanam Iyakkam, Snehavin Kadhalargal and Maayavizhi.
Anjaan, which has been marketed well by the makers of the movie, had above 150 screens in Chennai and in Bangalore on the release day. While the occupancy for the movie has reached stupendous 90 percent in the Tamil Nadu's capital, the occupancy was 75+ in the Karnataka's capital.
The Total Shows In Release Day
The movie has witnessed a total of 1145 shows worldwide on the release day. Tamil Nadu contributes 455 shows, Kerala has 160 screens, Karnataka 120 screens, North India has 125 screens and 258 in foreign countries.
Tickets Sold Like Hot Cakes
A trader in Bangalore,"The crowd is unprecedented for a Surya movie. We had started the advance booking on Tuesday evening and it sold it like hotcakes."
Ran Into Packed Houses
The tickets for the first weekend in Chennai and Bangalore have got never-before release. The prime-time shows ran into packed houses in both the places.
The response from other countries including Malaysia is extremely good.