- Sarkar: Here's Everything You Need To Know About Vijay And AR Murugadoss' Latest Film
- Thalapathy 62: Vijay And AR Murugadoss' Film To Be A Political Satire?
- Thalapathy 62: AR Murugadoss Drops A Hint About The Vijay Movie!
- BUZZING! AR Murugadoss Reacts To Reports Of Doing A Remake Of Mahesh Babu's Spyder With Salman Khan
- Spyder Movie Review: No Comparisons With AR Murugadoss' Previous Flicks!
- Spyder Movie Review: A Roller Coaster Which Goes Off Track At Places!
- It Is Time Heroines Take Up Action Films: AR Murugadoss
- WOW! Mohanlal To Team Up With AR Murugadoss?
- Truth Behind Mahesh Babu Romancing Sai Pallavi, Parineeti Chopra & Keerthy In AR Murugadoss' Next
- Murugadoss' Next Film Is His Most Expensive
- AR Murugadoss On 'Thuppakki 2' Starring Ilayathalapathy Vijay!
- AR Murugadoss' Next: Thala Ajith's Loss Is Mahesh Babu's Gain?
AR Murugadoss is the man of the moment. Whatever he touches, it is turning gold. Be it in South or Bollywood, the director is tasting success everywhere. The latest is that the director has reached a new feat by scoring 100 at Box Office through his latest movie Holiday.
AR Murugadoss' Holiday has made more than Rs 100 crores at worldwide Box Office (Please do not confuse it with elite 100-crore club movies as its nett collection in India is still 94.33 crores as on Tuesday). Like its original version Thuppakki, the Hindi movie too has scored century at worldwide Box Office. Indeed, he has now become the second Indian director to score 100s three times after Rohit Shetty of Chennai Express fame.
The 100-crore elite club was started in Bollywood with AR Murugadoss' debut Hindi movie Ghajini. The movie, which was the remake of Tamil-Telugu movie of the same name starring Surya, broke all the Box Office records to create history at collection centres. It became the first Indian movie to earn Rs 100 crore nett in our soil.
Thereafter, the elite club became popular and a host of movies featuring A-list actors joined the club. Continue reading the Box Office story on the slideshow...
ARM Returned To South
After Ghajini, AR Murugadoss returned to South and directed 7Aum Arivu, which was a moderate hit. The director struck gold again with his next movie in South.
This time, AR Murugadoss scored century with not a Hindi movie but with a Tamil movie. Yes, it was his Thuppakki, which made more than Rs 100 crores worldwide. This was the rare feat for a Kollywood movie as it became the second movie after Rajinikanth's Endhiran to make more than Rs 100 crores worldwide.
Now, AR Murugadoss has repeated the same with Thuppakki remake, Holiday. The movie has raked in Rs 94.33 and will be soon reaching the 100-crore mark in Indian soil. However, it has made around Rs 120 crores worldwide.
AR Murugadoss is now the second director, who has given three or more 100-crore movies. Rohit Shetty is in the top position with Golmal 3, Bol Bachchan, Singam and Chennai Express.
Meanwhile, AR Murugadoss is now busy with his next Tamil movie Kaththi with Vijay. Now, all eyes are set on this movie. Will it be a century again?