- A.R Rahman & Rajkumar Hirani Mark First Association With Sanju
- Star Plus REVAMPED! Alia Bhatt Introduces Viewers To The Shows, Here’s The List Of New Shows
- 65th National Film Awards Winners List: AR Rahman Bags The Big Award For Kaatru Veliyidai!
- IT'S CONFIRMED! AR Rahman All Set For A Comeback To Mollywood!
- AR Rahman Becomes The Official Brand Ambassador Of Sikkim
- AR Rahman Reveals His Favourite Actor!
2014 has been a significant year for the Mozart of Madras A R Rahman. After composing music for nine films in India and three Hollywood movies, India's only Oscar-winning musician is now all set to take up a new role as a scriptwriter and producer for an upcoming movie.
"I am scripting a movie which I will co-produce. It is in the process," Rahman told reporters at a recent press conference. The 47-year-old musician, who composed music for two Rajinikanth films(Kochadaiiyaan and Lingaa) and a Shankar film(I ) said he was happy to work with two stalwarts of Indian cinema in the same year.
Talking about Shankar's upcoming film I , the famed music composer said, "Shankar told me about this story 15 years back and since then he nurtured and worked on this story. I knew about this film so I did this film."
Also there were rumours doing rounds about Rahman might soon direct a movie, thrashing such allegations the music director-singer has said he is only scripting a film and the director will be chosen shortly.
Rahman is once again expected to win at least one Academy Award as three of his films, Million Dollar Arm, The Hundred-Foot Journey and Kochadaiiyaan: The Legend have joined the Oscar race for best original score.
AR Rahman won two Oscars for Best Original Music Score and Best Original Song way back in 2009 for the movie Slumdog Millionaire. Though he faces tough competition this year, the fact that three of his movies in the race makes him a strong contender.
Also Read: Hans Zimmer Speaks About Rahman