- 'Don't You Have Clothes To Wear?' Sunny Leone, Daniel Weber TROLLED For Posting 'Inappropriate' Pics
- Friendship With Salman Khan In Trouble? Aamir Khan Wants To Help Ranbir Kapoor But On One Condition
- FLASHBACK DIARY: Shahrukh Khan Tries To KISS Rival Aamir Khan, While He Looks UNINTERESTED [Picture]
- Aamir Khan Appreciates The Test Case, Ekta Kapoor Says ‘I’m Officially In Heaven’
- Shahrukh Khan Starrer Rakesh Sharma Biopic Salute Gets Delayed?
- Aamir Khan Sets Trends On Instagram; Aishwarya Rai, Farhan Akhtar & Sushant Singh Rajput Follow!
- Aamir Khan Gets Slammed For Posting A Picture With Daughter Ira Khan; Fans Call It 'Inappropriate'
- Aamir Khan REVEALS His First Salary For Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak & It Will Leave You Surprised!
- What Happened When Aamir Khan Told Rajkumar Hirani That He Wants To Play Sanjay Dutt?
- Why Did Aamir Khan Refuse To Play Ranbir Kapoor’s Father In Sanjay Dutt’s Biopic?
- Does Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Regret Rejecting Big Banner Films Starring Shahrukh Khan & Aamir Khan?
- WAIT, WHAT! Did Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Copy Aamir Khan's Unique Instagram Strategy?
Aamir Khan's Bollywood movie PK, which has come under criticism for the nude first look, is likely to take on Rajinikanth's Lingaa at Box Office. Yes, both the movies are expected to hit the screens during the same time.
Rajinikanth's Lingaa was launched in May 2014. The shooting is progressing in a rapid speed and the team has set a December deadline for its release. Ideally, they want to release the Tamil movie for the superstar's birthday on December 12.
Now, Aamir Khan's PK has joined the race as it will be releasing a week later. The Hindi movie will be hitting the screens on December 19 as a Christmas treat. Bollywood considers this period as an ideal time for releasing movies as it is holiday season and the turn out to cinema will be very high.
Traders are expecting Lingaa and PK to lock horns in a big way. Both the films will be fighting hard to get the best screens and maximum number of theatres to have wider release.
While the North India will be completely dominated by the Hindi movie, the Rajini's movie is expected to rule the South Indian Box Office. The biggest fight will be at international circuits. Continue reading the story on the slideshow...
PK In 4000 Screens
Aamir Khan's PK is expected to release in about 4000 screens worldwide. This will be not be dubbed in other languages and will have a solo release.
Lingaa In Multiple Languages
Whereas, Lingaa will be released in multiple languages (Tamil, Telugu and Hindi). The Rajinikanth starrer movie is expected to release in close to 4000 screens.
Traders are expecting a thrilling fight between these two biggies. We could see a good competition between the two movies in the US and the UK where both the films have good market.
In UAE, PK has an edge over Lingaa considering the Hindi-speaking population. But in Malaysia and Singapore, Lingaa could emerge as a clear winner as Tamil films have a good market in these parts of the world.
PK unites Aamir Khan and Rajkumar Hirani, who had earlier delivered all-time blockbuster hit movie 3 Idiots. Anushka Sharma, Sushant Singh Rajput, Boman Irani, Sanjay Dutt and others are in the cast.
Lingaa is purely a commercial entertainer directed by KS Ravikumar, who had earlier worked with Rajinikanth in many movies including blockbuster Padayappa. Sonakshi Sinha, Anushka Sharma and others are in the cast.