- PICS: Celebs At Radhika Sarathkumar's Daughter Rayane-Abhimanyu Mithun Wedding
- #FilmFareSouth: Tollywood Celebs Kill It On The Red Carpet: Allu Arjun, Ram Charan, Nayantara!
- SHOCKING! Why Mahesh Babu Rejected Suriya's 24?
- OH FRESH: Superstar To Be Part Of Baahubali 2 ?
- FASHION FAUX: Tollywood Superstars Caught On Camera
- Shruti Haasan Celebrates Success With Range Rover
- Rakshasudu Audience Review: Did Suriya Score A Hit?
- Young Heroes Love For Each Other Surprises Everyone
- Mohanlal Is The Hottest Actor: Amala Paul
- Nayantara Chases Amy Out Of Mass?
- Pranitha Replaces Amy In Surya's Mass?
- 'Rough' Gets U/A Certificate
A new standard to measure the success of movies has been discovered in Indian films. There was a time when people used to declare hits based on the run of a particular movie in theatres. These days, it is all about the wide release and revenues earned in short period in multiple markets. This paved way for the 100-crore clubs. While Hindi movies often reach the century mark, Kollywood has witnessed only a countable times. Now, all eyes are on Surya's Anjaan to reach this rare milestone.
The 100-crore club was started in Bollywood a few years ago. Any Hindi movie, which makes Rs.100 crore (nett) in India will join this club. Already, there are more than 10 movies in the list. But for Kollywood, the parameter is slightly different. Here, the total collection of a movie in India and foreign countries will be taken into the consideration. As this is a small market, we measure the success through the nett amount collected by a movie worldwide and not just in Indian soil.
In the history of Kollywood, only three movies have officially registered its names in the club. Rajinikanth's Sivaji, Endhiran - The Robot and Vijay's Thuppakki are the only films that have reached this feat. Now, traders are expecting Surya's Anjaan to make Rs.100 crores (nett) at Box Office.
Great Opening A Must
Anjaan needs a great opening with positive response from every nook and corner of the market to register its name in the 100-crore club. The response for the advance booking shows that it will certainly get a good start.
The key factor is positive word-of-mouth. Surya's stardom might get a good opening for Anjaan but it would not guarantee a big success. Only positive response from audience will help the movie to have a long run in theatres.
Surya, A Consistent Performer
Traders say that Surya is the only Kollywood actor, whose movies have consistently performed at Box Office. Only a few movies of him have done badly in the last decade.
People had expected his Singam 2 to make Rs.100 crores (nett) at Box Office. But it failed to reach the mark. People, now, are keeping high hopes on Anjaan.
Anjaan is releasing in 1500 screens in Tamil and Telugu languages. The total screen count of the Kollywood version comes close to 850 screens. Will Anjaan reach the 100-crore mark? One day to go to get at least a single sign of it.