- Why Nayanthara, Vijay Sethupathi & Others Skipped The 65th Filmfare Awards South 2018!
- With Junga Mania Setting In, Here's A Look At 5 Vijay Sethupathi Films We Are Dying To Watch
- Junga Trailer Review: Vijay Sethupathi Dazzles In Gangster Avatar
- Vijay Awards 2018: Nayanthara And Vijay Sethupathi Bag Top Honours
- Vijay Sethupathi Signed The Rajinikanth-Karthik Subbaraj Film Without Listening To The Script
- Rajinikanth & Vijay Sethupathi To Share The Screen Space For The First Time!
Vijay Sethupathi is not happy after he comes across promotional materials of his three-year old movie, which has tried to cash-in on his popularity. The posters of the movie give an impression of the actor playing a lead role in the movie. But in actual, he did a minor character in the film.
The first look of Edakku was released recently in which Vijay Sethupathi was projected as the lead hero. This is a dubbed movie of Kannada flick Akhaada. He had done a small character in the film. Today, he has become a bankable actor, who has been praised by critics and audience for picking up good scripts.
To use Vijay Sethupathi's popularity, the makers of Edakku are projecting him like a main hero. The sad part of the story is that they have given more importance to him than giving to the original lead stars. The Tamil actor feels that people are appreciating his choice of scripts and this latest development will have negative impact on his reputation.
Indeed, Vijay Sethupathi feels that it is a cheap publicity trick to draw audience attention. The actor points out that he has not even dubbed for the Tamil movie.
Akhaada was directed by Shivan and produced by Bhuvaneshwari Art Combines. Vasanth and Nayana Krishna starred in the movie.