- Rajinikanth's Kaala A FLOP? Dhanush Issues A Statement On The Film's Box Office Collections
- Mahindra Procures Kaala Fame Thar To Exhibit In Their Museum
- Nagarjuna Replaces Rajinikanth In Dhanush's Next Directorial Venture?
- Tovino Thomas Reveals Why He 'Apologised' While Shooting With Dhanush For Maari 2
- Rajinikanth’s Kaala: Highlights Of The Audio Launch
- Dhanush To Start Shooting Maari 2 Soon!
The makers of Velaiyilla Pattathari had sent the movie to Regional Censor Board last week and it was cleared on Saturday (July 12). After watching the movie, the members of the board felt that the Tamil movie could be watched by all section of audience of different age groups. Hence, they have given the 'U' certificate. It has paved for its release on July 18.
Dhanush shared his excitement on the same on Twitter. He wrote, "Dear fans, press and media, I'm super excited to announce that VIP has been censored with a "u" certificate and will release on coming 18th."
On the other end, Sun TV has acquired the satellite rights of Velaiyilla Pattathari for a good price. It comes as a big boost for the movie as the deal includes active promotions of the movie on the television channel, which has the highest reach among Tamil channels.
Velaiyilla Pattathari stars Dhanush and Amala Paul in the lead roles. Vivek, Sathish, Samuthirakani, Saranya, Surabhi, Anita Ratnam and others are in the cast.