- Bairavaa To Take Over Kerala Theatres: 5 Vijay Movies That Rocked Kerala Box Office!
- Pulimurugan Box Office: Beats Kaththi, Vedalam & Singam 2
- Chiranjeevi's Kaththi Remake In Trouble, Dasari Narayana Rao Orders For Non-Cooperation
- Megastar Chiranjeevi's New Look For Kaththi?
- V V Vinayak Apologizes To Fans For Akhil's Failure
- Bollywood Actor Vivek Oberoi To Play The Baddie In Chiranjeevi's Kaththi Remake?
Looks like no Tamil movies will be released hassle free. Kaththi ran into trouble before its release as there were several groups protesting against its release by hurling petrol bombs at cinema theatres scaring the film's producers and movie goers alike. Now, the demon called controversy has not even spared Rajinikanth starrer Lingaa.
Yes, a new controversy has taken birth in the form of a petition that has been filed in a Madurai court with an intention of stopping Lingaa from being released on the said date. Surprisingly, the petition has come from a filmmaker named Ravi Rathinam.
In his petition, the filmmaker has claimed that the story of Lingaa is same as the story of his 2013 film Mullai Vanam 999. What's even more surprising is that the claim has come even before the release of Lingaa's trailer.
The petitioner has requested the court to ban the release of Lingaa as the story is a rip off according to him. Meanwhile, Gopi, who had earlier filed a defamation case against Kaththi saying that Kaththi's story was originally written by him has surprisingly withdrawn the case under mysterious circumstances. Of late, Gopi was supported by locals and media as he had some valid points regarding the case he had filed, but now with the case been withdrawn, many eyebrows have been raised and it also has given rise to many speculations.
Also Read: Yet Another Feather In Rajinikanth's Cap!