- Vijay To Work With Director Ameer After Wrapping Up Thalapathy 62?
- Best Of 2017 Results: It's Thalapathy Vijay's Mersal All The Way!
- Thalapathy 62: AR Murugadoss Drops A Hint About The Vijay Movie!
- Mohan Raja On A Success Streak; Might Join Hands With This Star Actor!
- BEST OF 2017: Pick Your Choice For The Best Tamil Actor Of The Year!
- Thalapathy Vijay's Mersal Enters All-time Biggest Hits List!
- Aruvi Producer Apologises To Thalapathy Vijay Fans!
- Will Vijay, Ajith And Suriya Battle At The Box Office?
- Mersal Emerges As One Among The Top Grossing Movies At The Kerala Box Office In 2017!
- Mersal Box Office: The Vijay Starrer Enters The 250-Crore Club!
- THALAPATHY RULES! Vijay Movies That Joined The Prestigious 100-Crore Club!
- Mersal Box Office: Thalapathy Vijay Starrer Is Cruising Ahead
Vijay's Kaththi seems to be heading towards a serious trouble. The growing voices to ban the movie in the state has become a big headache for the movie bosses, who are holding talks with several Tamil leaders to silence the issue. The only positive development taken place in favour of the movie is that the Directors' Union support to Kaththi, which has come as a big relief to the makers of the movie.
The issue is all about the investment made by the Lyca Productions. It is alleged the investment has been made by the close aides of Sri Lankan President Rajapakshe, who has earned hatred from Tamilians across the globe for his part in mass murders of Tamilians in the island nation.
The protests are growing day by day in spite of clarification from the makers of Kaththi that they have no connection to Rajapakshe. Latest to join the protests are Maatram Maanavar Ilaiyor Iyakkam, Free Tamil Eelam Students Organisation, Tamil Youth and Students association and Progressive Students Front. They are demanding a ban on the movie in unison.
However, these organisations could reconsider their stand if the production house withdraw as producer. Continue reading the story on the slideshow...
Not Promoting Economic Or Political Interests
Meanwhile,Vikraman, on behalf of Directors' Union, has stood by the movie and has claimed that Kaththi makers are not promoting the economic or political interests of Sri Lanka.
Lyca Productions' Next After Kaththi
According to him, the producers are Tamilians from Sri Lanka. He adds that politician and film personality Seeman's next movie is produced by Lyca Productions.
On the other end, AR Murugadoss with producers have met several Tamil leaders and discussed about the issue. He will be soon meeting Seeman.
Industry insiders believe that the issue could be sorted out soon. Adding to that Vijay's presence at the protest organised in support of Chief Minister J Jayalalitha over an offending article by Sri Lankan defence ministry website is expected to reap him some benefits from the government authorities.
Kaththi is an action-thriller directed by AR Murugadoss. Samantha is playing the female lead role in the movie, which will release for Diwali.