- Ranjith-Rajini Project: Is It Rajinikanth & Rajinikanth Or Rajinikanth & 'Attakathi' Dinesh?
- Soundarya Rajinikanth Blessed With A Baby Boy, Rajinikanth Gets His Third Grandson!
- AR Rahman: I Am Scripting A Movie!
- Lingaa Box Office(2nd Week): Scores Well In Chennai
- Rajinikanth's Wish Gets Fulfilled: Set To Become Grand Father For the Third Time!
- Rajinikanth: I Was Feeling Nervous While Shooting For Lingaa
- OMG! Kochadaiiyaan Causes Problems For Lingaa!
- OMG! Cheating Case Against Mrs. Rajinikanth!
- Chiyaan Vikram Is More Important Than A Director!
- 10 Things To Look Out For In Rajinikanth's Lingaa
- Lingaa: The Count Down Begins
- Kochadaiiyaan's Production Company Faces Tax Fraud Case
AR Murugadoss directorial movie Holiday: A Soldier Is Never Off Duty, which is the remake of our own Tamil movie Thuppakki, is getting amazing response from audience worldwide. The good pre-talk and promotional campaigns have guaranteed a good collection at Box Office. The surprising part of the story is that the Hindi movie is taking toll on Rajinikanth's Kochadaiiyaan (Kochadaiyaan) at collection centres!
The Thuppakki Hindi version has released in above 3500 screens worldwide. In Chennai, Holiday is seeing the light of the day in 22 screens, which is said to be a record for an Akshay Kumar movie. His last few movies had released in about 10-15 screens in and around the city. Thanks to Tamil director AR Murugadoss, whose popularity has worked big time and made exhibitors increase the screens.
As a result, the Bollywood flick has some impact on Kochadaiiyaan, which has now come down to just 20+ screens in the city.
A theatre owner says, "Very rarely, we see Akshay Kumar movies getting such warm reception in Chennai. For the first time, his movie has crossed 20-screen mark in the city. It is all because of AR Murugadoss, who is one of the crow-pulling factors for Holiday in the Tamil Nadu capital,"
Vijay Fans Draw Comparions
"Adding to that Holiday is a remake of successful Tamil movie Thuppakki starring Akshay Kumar and Sonakshi Sinha. The fans of Illayathalapathy wants to see the Hindi movie and draw comparions. Hence, Holiday is getting good opening in Chennai," he points out.
Not only in Chennai but some part of Tamil Nadu including Coimbatore is expected to have a decent collection for the Hindi movie.
Akshay Makes Inroads...
A trader claims, "Akshay Kumar will now come in the league of Shahrukh Khan, Salman Khan and Hrithik Roshan, whose movies have got good opening at Box Office in the recent years. Gone are the days when Hindi movies used to get poor openings."
"In the recent years, some of the Khans' movies have made more than eight digit in Tamil Nadu and it is the sign of growing market for Hindi movies in Tamil-speaking state," he concludes.
Meanwhile, the early reports say that Holiday is getting stupendous response in many places in India and outside country.