- Ilaiyaraaja Shares A Good Rapport With Rajinikanth & Kamal Haasan
- An Instance That Proves Why Isaignani Ilaiyaraaja Is A Humble Genius!
- Reason Why Mani Ratnam & Ilaiyaraaja Parted Ways
- Who Is Better? AR Rahman Or Ilaiyaraaja?
- Ilaiyaraaja, Ajith, Vishal & Other Stars Help Rain Affected Victims In Person!
- Music Director MS Viswanathan(MSV) Shifted To ICU, Is Battling For Life
Illayaraaja is turning a year older today (June 2). The Music Maestro is celebrating the day by planting the first of the 71,001 saplings.
The Illayaraaja fans club members of have taken initiative to plant 71,001 saplings across the state on his birthday. It was kick-started by the Music Maestro by planting the first sapling.
"Raja sir planted the first sapling on his birthday. His fans will plant the rest of the 71,000 saplings across the state," Thangaraj, member of Illayaraja fan club, told IANS. It will come as a unique drive to spread awareness about the importance of saving trees.
However, Illayaraaja, who has composed music for over 900 films in his career, is currently busy composing tunes for R. Balki's yet-untitled Hindi film starring Dhanush and Akshara Hassan.
Coming back to the fans club of Illayaraaja, it was formally launched in April. His son Karthik Raja is the head of the organisation, which has over 10 million registered members, including singers and musicians.
"This will be a fan club with a difference. Its purpose is different from other fan clubs of other stars. The purpose of a fan club is to reach out to the audience on behalf of the artist and we will achieve it through the club, " Karthik Raja told before.