- Masss(Massu Engira Masilamani) Movie Review: Entertainment Guaranteed!
- Yuvan Has Compensated In 'Masss' As He Disappointed Me In 'Biriyani': Venkat Prabhu
- I Am The New Landmark Director Of Tamil Cinema: Venkat Prabhu
- Vai Raja Vai Movie Review: A Half Baked Thriller!
- Vai Raja Vai: When Aishwarya Told Yuvan That She Will Replace Him With Someone Else!
- Yuvan Shankar Raja's Third Wedding Takes Place Without His Father Ilaiyaraaja
- Rajinikanth To Act In Aishwarya R Dhanush's Next?
- Dhanush Requests His Directors To Come Up With A Sequel To Pudhupettai!
- Kollywood Gets A New Music Director!
- Bhavatharini Supports Yuvan's Third Marriage
- Yuvan Shankar Raja Is Now Officially Abdul Haliq
- Will Poojai Survive Kaththi Scare?
Yuvan Shankar Raja quits Twitter after being abused by his followers. The music director's post on his decision to follow Islam has not gone well with a section of his fans. Their negative feedback has made the Illayaraaja's son to bid goodbye to the social networking site.
He had announced last Sunday (February 9) that he was following the Islam on Twitter. His statement had surprised many. While it did not have an impact on the majority of his fans, a section of followers opposed his decision 'to convert to the Islam religion'. His faith and belief were questioned and was abused by them.
Yuvan Shankar Raja posted, "I follow Islam and I'm proud about it. Alhamdhulillah." It is believed that the music director has been missing his mother, who passed away in 2011. During this time, the music director, who wanted to find peace and return to his normal stage, met a spiritual guru from Islam.
Though nobody knows what exactly happened between the two, Yuvan decided to convert to one of the biggest religion in the world. Instantly, there were speculations that his decision was not approved by their family. Continue reading the story on the slideshow...
Yuvan's Decision Has Family Support
Reacting to such rumours, Yuvan tweeted, "My family supports my decision and there is no misunderstanding between me and my dad."
He also thanked his fans for their support as he wrote, "Love you all and thanks for all the support you have given me all through."
While there was good wishes on one end, people from other religion opposed his decision and used harsh language over his decision.
Yuvan Shankar Raja was hurt by the development. Hence, the music director has quit the Twitter.
Twitter Account Deactivated
His Twitter account Raja_Yuvan has been deactivated since Tuesday (February11) evening. His hardcore followers are disappointed over his decision to quit the social networking site.
Yet To Convert?
However, it is not clear whether Yuvan Shankar Raja has already converted to the Islam or not. But he is strictly following the religion.
No Clarity On Changing His Name
Yuvan Shankar Raja has been doing namaz five times a day for a year now. There are also reports that he could change his name.