- Samuthirakani To Revive His Mentor K Balachander's Final Script
- Ilayathalapathy Vijay Contributes 15 Lakh Rupees And An Undisclosed Amount!
- Uttama Villain Movie Review: Kamal Haasan Is The Uttaman But Screenplay And Editing Are The Villains
- Prakash Raj's Top 10 Performances In Tamil!
- Rajinikanth's Director Ameerjan No More
- Holi Spl: Superstar Rajinikanth Gets The Biggest Gift Of His Life On This Auspicious Festival Day!
K Balachander passes away! The legendary director who was complaining of dizziness, was recently admitted to the city hospital. He was under treatment by a team of doctors. He was later diagnosed by brain tumour. Although his health condition was improving, due to a massive heart attack and failure of kidneys , he succumbed to death yesterday, Dec 23 at 7.02 pm.
The legendary director was born in 1930 at Nallamaagadi in Thiruvarur District. K Balachander fondly called as KB started his directorial journey in cinema, after re-writing Major Chandrakanth, a play in Tamil. KB made his debut through Neerkumizhi(1965) and made his presence known from Apoorva Raagangal(1975) and ended his journey with Abaddam(2006).
KB started to taste success from Apoorva Raagangal, Ethirneechal, Aval oru Thodarkathai, Varumaiyin Niram Sigappu, Punnagai Mannan, Unnal Mudiyum Thambi and lots more. KB also penned and directed many TV serials including Kai Alavu Manasu and Rail Sneham which still is referred to as the nonpareil serials in Television history. He has also played a key role in Kamal Haasan's upcoming flick Uthama Villain.
KB introduced Rajinikanth, Kamal Hassan, Prakash Raj to the cinema industry. He also won 9 National Awards, Dadhasaheb Phalke Award and the Padma Shree. K B traversed the film industry for about 45 Years savouring all varieties of success in all languages. In these 45 years he showcased many faces such as actor, director, producer and dialogue writer.
KB was popularly called as "Iyakunar Sigaram" as he penned more than 100 movies in his career. He is survived by wife Rajam, a son and a daughter.
Written by Arulkumar