- Jigarthanda & Lakshmana Are Off To A Good Start
- Kannada Releases On This Friday (June 24)
- Jigarthanda Release Date Confirmed
- Team Jigarthanda's Unconventional Ways Of Promotions!
- INTERESTING: Rakshit Shetty Plays A Cameo In Jigarthanda!
- OMG! Will Karthik Subbaraj's Script Developed For Thala Ajith Become Vijay 60?
- Sudeep Justifies His Nick Name 'Remake Raja'!
- Siddharth Sings For Vijay In His Directorial Debut, Says He Is Not Jealous Of Bobby Simha!
- Sudeep To Direct 'Jigarthanda' In Kannada: Nannusire Fame Rahul To Play The Lead!
- National Award Winner Bobby Simha's Upcoming Movie List And His Dedication For Jigarthanda!
- 62nd National Film Awards: Bobby Simha, Vivek Among Winners In Tamil!
- Siddharth's Jigarthanda Set For Bollywood Remake!
Jigarthanda, which has opened up to fantastic reviews, has made good business at the Box Office in the first weekend. The good word-of-mouth for the Tamil flick is doing wonders and the response is getting better day by day. But it could not beat Dhanush's Velaiyilla Pattathari collections in the opening weekend.
The pre-talks were good for Jigarthanda. It translated into good collections on the opening day and the business was decent. On the first day, it raked in Rs.93 lakhs (nett). The occupancy was above 55 % in the state. And the crowd-pulling factors for the movie on the release day were the presence of Siddharth in the film, director Karthik Subbaraj's past success of Pizza and the good trailer and audio.
Jigarthanda garnered positive reviews from critics and audience on the release day and it helped the movie to perform well on the second day. The Tamil movie earned Rs.1.14 crore (nett) and the occupancy crossed 60-percent mark on Saturday (August 2). Traders observed that it was a good sign for any movie, which depends on Sunday to better the revenue.
Whereas, Dhanush's Velaiyilla Pattathari had made Rs.8.4 (Rs.5.3 Cr. + Rs.3.1 Cr) crores business in the first two days. Continue reading the story on the slideshow...
Rise In Collections
Jigarthanda saw a huge rise in the occupancy on Sunday a it crossed above 70-percent mark As s result, it made the highest business on this day in the first weekend.
Jigarthanda Vs Velaiyilla Pattathari
Jigarthanda collected Rs.1.47 crores on the third day of the first weekend and ended the weekend with Rs.3.54 crores (nett) in the three days. In the same period, Dhanush's Velaiyilla Pattathari had made close to Rs.13 crores.
Traders say that the Sunday collections was just an indication of how Jigarthanda would perform in the coming days. They see good signs and hope that the Tamil flick makes good business.
Jigarthanda has also made a good business on Monday (August 4) and it is likely to emerge as a winner at Box Office by the end of this weekend.
Jigarthanda is produced by Kathiresan and directed by Karthik Subbaraj. Lakshmi Menon is the female lead in the movie, which also has Bobby Simha and Karunakaran in the key roles.