- Samuthirakani To Revive His Mentor K Balachander's Final Script
- Ilayathalapathy Vijay Contributes 15 Lakh Rupees And An Undisclosed Amount!
- Uttama Villain Movie Review: Kamal Haasan Is The Uttaman But Screenplay And Editing Are The Villains
- Prakash Raj's Top 10 Performances In Tamil!
- Rajinikanth's Director Ameerjan No More
- Holi Spl: Superstar Rajinikanth Gets The Biggest Gift Of His Life On This Auspicious Festival Day!
K Balachander's funeral will take place today around 3pm at the Besant Nagar crematorium in Chennai. His final procession will start from his house at Mylapore and will cover most part of the city before he gets finally laid to rest.
Many cinema celebrities and politicians thronged Balachander's residence to pay their respect. Balachander, fondly called as Iyakunar Sigaram by fans and within the film fraternity has substantial achievements under his name in a star studded career that spanned over 45 years.
Apart from winning nine National Awards and several Filmfare Awards, he was conferred with Dadasaheb Phalke Award in 2011. He also carries with him the pride of introducing some of prominent Indian film personalities including Kamal Haasan, Rajinikanth, Prakash Raj and many others.
The veteran director who worked in more than 100 films was known for his unique style of filmmaking and portrayal of bold women characters. Apart from directing classic movies in Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Hindi he also is known to have produced many successful films under his home production banner Kavithalaya Productions.
He started his career as a stage drama artiste and went on to start his own drama troupe. After taking Indian film industry by a storm with his extraordinarily bold films, he directed many television serials in the latter part of his career.
He has also portrayed the role of a director in Kamal Haasan's upcoming movie Uttama Villain directed by Ramesh Aravind. K Balachander had earlier expressed his desire to watch Uttama Villain, which he will, accompanied by angels in heaven.