- Chick Magnet: Jacqueline Fernandez Tries To Cozy Up With Salman Khan At Filmfare!
- Amy Jackson To Star Opposite Salman Khan?
- Salman Khan And Jacqueline Fernandez Come Together For Kick 2?
- WOW! Guess Which Hollywood Stunt Specialist Is Roped In For Salman Khan's Sultan?
- Ahmed Khan Chooses Tiger Shroff Over His Bestfriend Shahid Kapoor
- Video: Jacqueline Fernandez Works Out Like A Monster
- IIFA 2015 Technical Awards Complete Winners List
- Varun Dhawan-John Abraham Undergo Police Combat Training
- Salman Khan Got Bail: 10 Dialogues Of The Actor That Fits The Bill
- Jacqueline Fernandez Tops Times Celebex List
- Jacqueline Fernandez To Do Item Number In Salman Khan's Hero
- IIFA Awards 2015 Complete Nominations List Revealed
Salman Khan's Kick has got a wonderful opening at Tamil Nadu Box Office. The Hindi film has earned good revenue in the state and has given good competition to successfully-running film Velaiyilla Pattathari.
Kick was opened to positive reviews in India. The Hindi movie had released in 65 screens in Tamil Nadu and managed to pull audience to theatres on the release day. The advance booking had great response and leading multiplexes increased the number of shows to meet the demand.
On the release day, Kick made Rs.30 lakhs (nett.) in Tamil Nadu. It is said to be the highest-collection for a Salman Khan film for the opening day in the state. The occupancy for the movie was above 60% on the first day in Chennai.
However, Kick was expected to slow down the dream run of Velaiyilla Pattathari, which was released on July 18. The Salman Khan's flick gave a good fight but failed to beat the Dhanush's Tamil movie.
On the second day, the response for Kick was fantastic and the Hindi movie made close to Rs.25 lakhs and the Sunday collection was better than the Saturday. In total, it has made more than Rs.80 lakhs. Continue reading the story on the slideshow...
Ek Tha Tiger
Salman Khan's Ek Tha Tiger had managed to get such response before. It was released in 50 screens.
Salman Khan's latest movie Kick is distributed by SPI Cinemas and it ensured to get a good opening by having a wide release. The Hindi movie affected last-week release Thirumanam Enum Nikkah collection in Chennai.
Kick Vs Velaiyilla Pattathari
However, Salman Khan's Kick could not repeat the same with Dhanush's Velaiyilla Pattathari. The Dhanush's movie is having good word-of-mouth, which has played a vital role in its success.
Velaiyilla Pattathari stars Dhanush and Amala Paul in the lead roles. The actor himself has produced the movie on his home banner Wunderbar Films.
Velaiyilla Pattathari, which is eligible for the 30% tax exemption, has made close to Rs.20 crores at Box Office in one week. It is expected to have collected Rs.4 crores in the second weekend.