- Ranjith-Rajini Project: Is It Rajinikanth & Rajinikanth Or Rajinikanth & 'Attakathi' Dinesh?
- Soundarya Rajinikanth Blessed With A Baby Boy, Rajinikanth Gets His Third Grandson!
- AR Rahman: I Am Scripting A Movie!
- Lingaa Box Office(2nd Week): Scores Well In Chennai
- Rajinikanth's Wish Gets Fulfilled: Set To Become Grand Father For the Third Time!
- Rajinikanth: I Was Feeling Nervous While Shooting For Lingaa
- OMG! Kochadaiiyaan Causes Problems For Lingaa!
- OMG! Cheating Case Against Mrs. Rajinikanth!
- Chiyaan Vikram Is More Important Than A Director!
- 10 Things To Look Out For In Rajinikanth's Lingaa
- Lingaa: The Count Down Begins
- Kochadaiiyaan's Production Company Faces Tax Fraud Case
Kochadaiiyaan aka Kochadaiyaan has become the fastest 50 scorer of 2014 in Kollywood, thereby breaking the records of Vijay starrer Jilla and Ajith Kumar's Veeram. Yes, the Tamil film has hit the half century at Box Office with bang on Tuesday (May 23). The combined collection of six languages have crossed the 50-crore mark at collection centres and reached Rs 51 crores by the end of Tuesday (May 27).
The Tamil movie hit the screens worldwide on May 23 to a record number of screens. It was released in about 3000 screens (6 languages). As predicted, Kochadaiiyaan got earth-shattering response for the Tamil version but the Telugu, Hindi and other versions have failed to reach the audience. Yet, it managed to earn Rs 42 crores in the first weekend.
The average occupancy for the Tamil version is 95% in Tamil Nadu in the first weekend. In foreign countries, the occupancy varied but Friday, Saturday and Sunday were good in the US and Malaysia. This helped Kochadaiiyaan to register a fantastic opening at Box Office as the film raked in Rs 42 crore at worldwide Box Office.
On Monday and Tuesday, Kochadaiiyaan has managed to keep the momentum and has added close to nine crores to its tally to reach 51 crore collections. Continue reading the story on the slideshow...
Collection Slowed Down
It appears like the collections have slowed down at Box Office. Especially in some international circuits, Kochadaiiyaan had low occupancy. However, in Tamil Nadu, the film is strong at collection centres.
Occupancy Came Down
A trader from Tamil Nadu says, "Occupancy came down on Tuesday. Theatres had sold out tickets till Monday. Hence, the film managed to retain the good occupancy rate in Chennai. But Tuesday saw a dip in business."
Traders say that Kochadaiiyaan business cannot to be compared to the collection of a typical Rajinikanth's film because the latest film is an animation film. Even then, it has managed to pull audience to theatres and make thunderous business at Box Office.
The point many are saying is that Kochadaiiyaan has done good business in international circuits. More than 15 crores of the revenue have come from foreign countries.
Box Office Collection In Foreign Countries
Here is a list of Kochadaiiyaan's business in some of the international circuits in the first weekend.
US Box Office: Rs 2.56 crores
Malaysia Box Office: 92.45 lacs
UK & Ireland Box Office: 78.31 lacs
Australia Box Office: 64.73 lacs
Canada Box Office: 32.61 lacs