- Ranjith-Rajini Project: Is It Rajinikanth & Rajinikanth Or Rajinikanth & 'Attakathi' Dinesh?
- Soundarya Rajinikanth Blessed With A Baby Boy, Rajinikanth Gets His Third Grandson!
- AR Rahman: I Am Scripting A Movie!
- Lingaa Box Office(2nd Week): Scores Well In Chennai
- Rajinikanth's Wish Gets Fulfilled: Set To Become Grand Father For the Third Time!
- Rajinikanth: I Was Feeling Nervous While Shooting For Lingaa
- OMG! Kochadaiiyaan Causes Problems For Lingaa!
- OMG! Cheating Case Against Mrs. Rajinikanth!
- Chiyaan Vikram Is More Important Than A Director!
- 10 Things To Look Out For In Rajinikanth's Lingaa
- Lingaa: The Count Down Begins
- Kochadaiiyaan's Production Company Faces Tax Fraud Case
Rajinikanth and Deepika Padukone starrer Kochadaiiyaan (Kochadaiyaan) has made good collections at Box Office in the first week. Despite facing negative feedbacks from a section of audience, it has managed to make good business at key centres and ended the first week by reportedly raking in Rs 53 crores.
Of all markets, Chennai has been very good for Kochadaiiyaan. The Tamil flick has made stupendous business at Box Office in its first week here. Having got 90% occupancy in the first weekend, it had earned close to Rs 2 crore in first three days. Many had expected the film's collections to come down in the following week days.
However, Kochadaiiyaan managed to pull audience to theatres in weekdays. The occupancy in the week days was above 60 %, which has surprised trade pundits, who had expected a huge dip in the collections due to bad word-of-mouth.
In the week days, it has earned above Rs. 1.25 crore and in total, the collection of the film at Chennai Box Office stands close to Rs.4.5 crores in the 10 days. While this is the story at Chennai Box Office, in the entire Tamil Nadu, it has managed to make good business. It has made more than Rs 32 crores. Continue reading the story on the slideshow..
Kochadaiiyaan In 6 Languages
A trader claims that Kochadaiiyaan has earned around Rs 53 crores in the first week in six languages. The lion's share has come from the Tamil version.
The collections of Telugu and Hindi versions are not upto the mark. Indeed, only Tamil version has become the saving grace for the makers of the film. Manam in Telugu and Heropanti in Hindi had quite impact on the collections of Tollywood and Bollywood versions of Rajinikanth's film.
In the international circuits, Kochadaiiyaan has fared well in countries like Malaysia, UK, and US. The combined collections of the movie in three langauges is expected to be around Rs 8.50 crores in the first week.
In the states like Kerala and Karnataka, collections of Kochadaiiyaan have slowed down.
Next Few Weeks Crucial
Kochadaiiyaan is made with the budget of Rs 125 crores and to recover the production cost, the movie has to run successfully in theatres for a few more weeks.