- Bairavaa To Take Over Kerala Theatres: 5 Vijay Movies That Rocked Kerala Box Office!
- Pulimurugan Box Office: Beats Kaththi, Vedalam & Singam 2
- Chiranjeevi's Kaththi Remake In Trouble, Dasari Narayana Rao Orders For Non-Cooperation
- Megastar Chiranjeevi's New Look For Kaththi?
- V V Vinayak Apologizes To Fans For Akhil's Failure
- Bollywood Actor Vivek Oberoi To Play The Baddie In Chiranjeevi's Kaththi Remake?
Looks like controversies and news about the recently released film Kaththi will never cease. A fresh dispute has been raised and this time it is a defamation case against Vijay, director AR Murugadoss and Lyca, the production house.
An advocate named R.Ramasubramanian, has filed the case owing to a dialogue in the movie that points to the corruption charges in the 2G spectrum case that shook the entire nation a few years ago.
The petitioner, in his submissions has asked what made the makers of the movie conclude that corruption was implicated in the 2G spectrum allocation, when legal proceedings were still pending at the Delhi High Court.
He has also said that the dialogue depicts the country in a negative way and it would in turn harm the nation's foreign investments. Hearing of the case is said to take place on November 11th and according to some expert views, it is likely to go against Kaththi and its team.
Meanwhile, the film is doing really well in the US gearing up to smash the box office records set by Rajinikanth and Kamal Haasan movies. Tamil films that have crossed the $400,000 mark in the US so far are Dasavathaaram, Endhiran, Kochadaiiyaan, Vishwaroopam and Sivaji.