- With Kaala Set To Release, We Take A Look At Box Office Performances Of Rajinikanth's Last 5 Films
- Kabali Fever Grips Kerala: 6 Rajinikanth Movies From The Past That Took Kerala Box Office By Storm!
- Rockline Venkatesh Chooses Dhanush's Movies To Remake In Kannada!
- NOT AGAIN: Rajinikanth Summoned By Madurai Court
- SHOCKER: MCA Graduate Pulls Ilayathalapathy Vijay, AR Murugadoss To Court
- Producers' Council Wants To Stop The Release Of Tamil Films But Vishal Says Paayum Puli Will Pounce
Recently, there were news doing rounds about Lingaa's box office collections and its difficulty to keep the cash registers ringing in its first week. But, one of film's main distributor, Vendhar movies has said Rajinikanth's Lingaa will end up being profitable to all its distributors.
Interestingly, in its latest press meet, Vendhar movies has also said that Lingaa did not meet its expectations as far as the collections are concerned as it was released amidst half-yearly exams in Chennai. The distribution company's press note also states that authentic box office figures given by them are correct and legal action would be taken against anyone spreading rumours about the film's box office collections.
It is said that the worldwide collections of Lingaa on its 10th day(second Sunday) has gone up marginally as the Rajinikanth's flick managed to amass 14 crore rupees(approx). In Chennai alone the movie has collected over 5 crore rupees in its second week with an average theatre occupancy of 70 percent.
It is also said that Lingaa was filmed at an extraordinary pace to make up for the loss incurred by Superstar Rajinikanth's previous flick, Kochadaiiyaan. Though the movie has not performed extremely well at the box office for a Rajinikanth starrer, it has managed a decent job so far at all the ticket counters worldwide. The official box office figures are yet to be revealed.
Also Read: 10 Best Scenes From Rajinikanth's Lingaa!