- With Kaala Set To Release, We Take A Look At Box Office Performances Of Rajinikanth's Last 5 Films
- Kabali Fever Grips Kerala: 6 Rajinikanth Movies From The Past That Took Kerala Box Office By Storm!
- Rockline Venkatesh Chooses Dhanush's Movies To Remake In Kannada!
- NOT AGAIN: Rajinikanth Summoned By Madurai Court
- SHOCKER: MCA Graduate Pulls Ilayathalapathy Vijay, AR Murugadoss To Court
- Producers' Council Wants To Stop The Release Of Tamil Films But Vishal Says Paayum Puli Will Pounce
Despite enjoying the biggest opening for any Tamil movie worldwide, Lingaa's collections at the box office have dipped substantially in its second week thanks to fans' mixed response and a few new releases. According to the latest box office news, the movie might put its distributors and theatre owners in trouble.
As the business of the movie has taken a plunge in its second week, especially in Kerala, some distributors along with theatre owners have organized a meeting to discuss about the movie's poor show. According to sources, distributors and exhibitors have unanimously agreed to seek compensation from the movie's producer, Rockline Venkatesh and also from Rajinikanth.
The news has shocked many as Lingaa was expected to be Rajinikanth's most successful film after the movie's promising run at the box office in its first week. It is to be noted that the film managed to amass 100 crore rupees in no time but has taken a huge blow henceforth.
In Tamil Nadu alone, Lingaa has collected 38 crore rupees so far with Chennai contributing 2.70 crores. However, the collections in other parts of the country and overseas have dipped gradually. With the release of some big movies like Aamir Khan's PK, Lingaa's business could be affected further as it inches towards its third week.
Also Read: Lingaa: 6 Scenes That Were Deleted!