- Fahadh Faasil To Share The Screen Space With Superstar Rajinikanth?
- 2.0: Rajinikanth's Magnum Opus Gets A Release Date; Will It Help Thalaiva Bounce Back?
- Rajinikanth's Kaala A FLOP? Dhanush Issues A Statement On The Film's Box Office Collections
- Rajinikanth Was Gautham Menon’s Choice For This Big Movie?
- Peter Hein Roped In For Rajinikanth-Karthik Subbaraj Flick
- Post The Kaala Debacle, The Makers Of Rajinikanth's 2.0 Are In A Fix And Here Are The Details
Though the recent Rajinikanth release Lingaa received mixed reviews and despite KS Ravikumar, the film's director being bombarded by lot of questions by fans and critics regarding the logical loopholes the movie carries, Lingaa's business in overseas market is experiencing a marked upswing.
In the overseas market, Lingaa has climbed up to the third position for any Tamil movie pertaining to its box office collection. In the United States, Lingaa is currently placed at second position behind Rajinikanth's highest grosser till date, Enthiran.
Enthiran also holds the number one position for any Tamil movie in the overseas market. Its collections in foreign shores stands at an impressive 12 million dollars. No other Tamil movie has even got closer to Enthiran when it comes to the overseas box office collections.
Interestingly, the second position held by a Tamil film is also a Rajinikanth flick directed by Shankar. Sivaji which was released in 2007 stands tall with a whopping 8 million dollars under its kitty from the overseas market.
Lingaa has already managed to collect 6 million dollars. Since the movie is still being displayed in most foreign theatres, it is expected to surpass Sivaji's record in couple of weeks. Meanwhile, the fourth position in the list is held by Vijay's Kaththi with a collection of 5.7 million dollars and Kamal Haasan's Dasavathaaram takes the fifth position with an overseas gross of 5.2 million dollars.
With three of his films in top three position, Rajinikanth has once again proved that he still is the reigning box office king in Kollywood as far as the overseas market is concerned. Can Lingaa do the unthinkable by adding more to its overseas tally despite of mixed reviews? Stay tuned for further updates.