TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
Vadivelu has got a huge relief from the Madras High Court, which has dismissed a petition seeking a ban against Tamil flick Thenaliraman. Two Telugu organisations have filed the petition last Friday (April 11) and requested the court to ban the film alleging that the film has twisted facts about the famous Sri Krishnadevaraya.
Two Telugu groups Tamil Nadu Telugu Makkal Peravai and Tamil Nadu Telugu Yuva Sakthi moved the court to ban the film. The groups had alleged that Thenaliraman movie shows Sri Krishnadevaraya in a bad light. The makers of the film have not conducted research in a proper manner and this is evident with the fact that the king is projected to have 36 wives and 52 children in Vadivelu's film. And it has hurted the sentiments of a section of the community.
Taking objections to it, AGS Entertainment defended and said that it is a fictional story and does not have any connection to Sri Krishnadevaraya. Indeed, the king will be referred as Maamannar in Thenaliraman. But after hearing the stories from both the sides, the court dismissed the petition.It has now been cleared for the release this Friday (April 18).
Thenaliraman is a comeback movie of Vadivelu, who has been in exile following the defeat of the DMK. It is a comedy film directed by Yuvaraj Dhayalan.