- Mahesh Babu Wishes Daughter Sitara On Her Birthday In The Sweetest Way Possible!
- Sammohanam Pre-release Event: Mahesh Babu Lauds Sudheer’s Hard Work And Commitment
- After Prabhas, Telugu Superstar Mahesh Babu To Debut In Bollywood?
- Here’re The Details Of Mahesh Babu’s Upcoming Movies Post Bharat Ane Nenu!
- Mahesh Babu Is All Set To Feature In The Elite List At The Madame Tussauds!
- Bharat Ane Nenu Success: Mahesh Babu Says That He Is Relieved Now!
- Bharat Ane Nenu Box Office: Pre-release & First Weekend Collections
- Bharat Ane Nenu Review: Mahesh Babu Comes Up With A Fascinating Movie!
- Bharat Ane Nenu Bahiranga Sabha Highlights
- Rangasthalam Surpasses Srimanthudu’s Record, Celebrities Shower Praises!
- Farhan Akhtar Makes His Telugu Singing Debut For Superstar Mahesh Babu!
- Bharat Ane Nenu Teaser: Mahesh Babu's Outing As A Chief Minister
Mani Ratnam's next movie has been in the news for a while. Some of the big names from Indian films were doing rounds to play the lead characters in the film. However, now, there seems to be twist in the story with the maverick filmmaker dropping his earlier plans and coming up with a new project. Yes, the director was supposed to make a movie with Mahesh Babu and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. But the latest buzz says that Malayalam actor Dulquer Salmaan, who will star in his forthcoming movie.
The news has come as a big surprise to many. Mani Ratnam had some big plans for his come back movie after his disastrous Kadal. It was believed that the director wanted to cast big names. Subsequently, Telugu superstar Mahesh Babu and Shruti Hassan admitted that they were part of the project. Rumour mills had claimed that Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan was approached to play the main female lead.
Interestingly, Mani Ratnam was not happy with his own script and decided to shelve the movie. Now, he has decided to direct a youthful love story and has signed Dulquer Salmaan. It will be the actor's second movie in Kollywood after Vaayai Moodi Pesavum.
As per the buzz, the filmmaker has also made the offer to Bollywood's youth sensation Alia Bhatt to play the female lead role.
Alia Bhatt has her hands full in Bollywood and still there is no clarity whether she has accepted the offer.
Mani Ratnam has signed AR Rahman to compose the music. There were reports that he would team up with Illayaraaja but those reports have turned false.
The director has roped in PC Sreeram to handle the cinematography department. They had earlier worked in six movies including Alaipayuthey, Mouna Ragam and Nayagan.
Mani Ratnam himself is producing the movie. The shooting will begin next month.