- Dil Se: Shahrukh Khan Went MISSING While Shooting For Jiya Jale Song, Reveals Farah Khan!
- Is A Mohanlal-Mani Ratnam Movie On Cards?
- WOW! This Malayalam Actor To Be A Part Of Mani Ratnam's Next Movie
- Iruvar – An Ageless Cult Classic!
- Simbu In Mani Ratnam’s Star-studded Biggie!
- Mollywood Retake: What If Shahrukh Khan's Dil Se.. Is Remade In Malayalam?
Mani Ratnam's next movie is finally ready to roll. The director has zeroed in on a script that will not feature established actors but budding stars. As per our sources, Malayalam actor Dulquer Salmaan, who recently entered Kollywood with Vaayai Moodi Pesavum, will star along with Nithya Menon.
The director of many blockbuster movies took his own time to plan his next movie after his Kadal, which garnered massive flak from critics and audience. To make a strong comeback, Mani Ratnam planned on a multi-starrer movie and approached some of the big names from Indian films like Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Telugu superstar Mahesh Babu and Shruti Hassan.
Mani Ratnam had serious talks with the aforementioned actors. But the project was shelved for some reasons. In the end, the director decided to make a movie with budding stars. He has now chosen Dulquer Salmaan, the son of Mammootty, and Nithya Menon. It was also reported that another Mollywood star Nivin Pauly would star in the film. But he has denied the rumours.
The movie is likely to be simultaneously made in Malayalam and Tamil languages. Even the cast is expected to comprise actors from both the industries. The shooting will start soon. As far as the technical team is concerned, Mani Ratnam's favourite AR Rahman will compose the music. Other details are awaited.