- Dil Se: Shahrukh Khan Went MISSING While Shooting For Jiya Jale Song, Reveals Farah Khan!
- Is A Mohanlal-Mani Ratnam Movie On Cards?
- WOW! This Malayalam Actor To Be A Part Of Mani Ratnam's Next Movie
- Iruvar – An Ageless Cult Classic!
- Simbu In Mani Ratnam’s Star-studded Biggie!
- Mollywood Retake: What If Shahrukh Khan's Dil Se.. Is Remade In Malayalam?
Mani Ratnam's next is a low budget quickie which stars Dulquer Salman and Nithya Menen in the lead roles. The latest buzz about the movie is that it has been titled Okay Kanmani and is said to be a complete romantic flick like his 2000 blockbuster Alaipayuthey.
Last week Mani was spotted along with his crew in Parry's Corner, one of Chennai's most congested area filming montage sequences. Also seen at the scene was ace cinematographer P. C. Sreeram who has joined hands with Mani Ratnam after 14 years as the last movie they worked together was Alaipayuthey.
The film is a Tamil-Malayalam bilingual and is expected to do well in Kerala as well as the lead actors in the movie are from God's own country. The film is expected to be wrapped in 50 days and is most likely to be released early next year.
Mani Ratnam has returned to his favourite genre after a long time and that alone has raised expectations despite the film being a low budget quickie. Mani Ratnam has always known for bringing a flair of romance into his movies. With his next set to be an out and out romantic entertainer, the movie is sure to sweep you off your feet.