- WOW! Superstar Rajinikanth Has Praises For Aramm!
- Oh No! Velaikkaran Movie Release Postponed
- Nivin Pauly Is One Lucky Actor... But Why?
- CONFIRMED: Nivin Pauly-Nayantara's Love Action Drama Is Not A Remake
- WOW! Nivin Pauly & Nayantara As 'Vadakkunokkiyanthram' Characters
- Mollywood Retake: What If Kamal Haasan's Vettaiyaadu Vilaiyaadu Is Remade In Malayalam?
Nayantara has approved a project to be directed by debutant Ashwin Saravanan, who has experience of directing a couple of short movies. It is a female-centric project where the actress will be seen in the role of a mother.
The forthcoming Tamil movie will be produced by Potential Studios, a subsidiary of popular Tamil production house Studio Green. Aari is playing the male lead role in the untitled movie. Nayantara's decision to work with a newbie has surprised the industry.
Ashwin Saravanan says, "It was quite challenging because I haven't assisted anyone. But instead of pitching the story to my producers, I shot a five-minute pilot scene from the film and approached them. I narrated my story and subsequently showed them the scene. They really liked it,"
The director adds that he was not sure whether she would take up the movie in the beginning. After watching her in Nee Enge En Anbe, Ashwin felt that she might be interested to do the Tamil movie.
"Initially, we felt she might not do this film. But after I saw the Tamil remake of Kahaani', I thought she might be interested in doing it. We approached her and I showed her the pilot scene. Two days later, she agreed to be part of the project," Ashwin said.